I took an unplanned blogging hiatus. We've been busy and honestly it was nice to not think about it for a while. I feel like I'm just getting back into the groove of things and we are leaving town again in less than 2 weeks. Oh well, that's what summer is all about!
So to catch up... Dylan lost her first tooth. It was loose, but not quite ready to come out. We found out that teeth can make an early exit if they are loose and little sister hits you in the mouth! :)
The girls took two weeks of swimming lessons...we still have quite a bit of work to do!
We've been swimming with friends!
At about three and a half months we started Adam on rice cereal. He was actually decent at eating it and getting better every day, but we have since stopped. I hoped that it would help him to sleep longer stretches at night, but after missing several feedings we discovered it is an additional bottle, not cereal that does the trick.
Of course both girls wanted in on the action.
We've been doing small projects with the girls to keep them from getting bored...it's usually way too hot for them to go outside & play.
This was a fail - you were supposed to dump the contents of glow sticks into diamond glitter to make fairy dust. Well, it was more like glow in the dark blobs, but the girls still loved it & when to sleep with their jars as night lights that night.
They thought it was so fun to sit up on the counter so I could paint their feet....
for these! They were SO excited I let them pick their own paint colors.
We made a stepping stone as part of Sue & Papa John's anniversary gift. We also took a week long trip to Amarillo. I didn't take a single picture!
My little sweetie is getting too big for the swing, but he will still go in it. Half the time you'll find him with his head way to one side because he tries to sit up and the motion makes him fall over.
He loves toys, and loves the grab the ones hanging from his play mat, but the problem is he is such a wiggle worm he makes his way off the mat in no time! He is and has been SO close to rolling over for a few weeks, but hasn't. He seems pretty content hanging out so it may be a while.
We finally took a day last weekend to make it to our pool. I love it!
The girls also did a vacation bible school they really enjoyed and came home with some cute crafts we will put in their rooms. They have another one coming up & then it's time to get ready for Disney!



No comments:
Post a Comment