Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sick!!

Ugh! Savannah first started getting sick 2 Sundays ago with some sort of stomach bug. Then, last Monday she started throwing up and that lasted until Wednesday morning. Savannah and I waited an extra day to head to Amarillo last week to give her a little more time to heal and at that point I was sick too. Thursday morning I felt fine & Savannah seemed okay so I booked the flight. Savannah was pretty good on the plane this time. She had to constantly be entertained, but she didn't cry (scream) until the landing.

We thought we were in the clear, but Dylan got sick last Thursday night (she fought it off pretty quickly). Savannah got lots of extended family sick as well. We headed home Sunday & had a great time in Amarillo, including being able to attend my dad's bbq for the first time in years! I was pretty nervous for the flight home since I had both girls by myself, but it was pretty smooth & Savannah only screamed on the landing again. By this point we thought Savannah was almost back to normal, but boy were we wrong! That night she was so sick and Monday we ended up in the E.R. with her for 6 hours. She was dehydrated, but we got to go home even though she's still getting sick because she is drinking and eating. While we were there they tried twice to give her an i.v. and failed both times! It was really sad! :( They are still testing her stool to see if she has some sort of bacteria. The doctor mention rotavirus and e coli which sound scary, but at this point we just want to find something so we can treat her!

I was getting the girls ready this morning for a follow up visit to the pediatrician when Dylan got sick again! Now I have a prescription for probioctics both girls can take.

Despite both girls being sick they are in good moods & playing like crazy today. Savannah's walking has really taken off. Last night she walked from the kitchen up by the front door and intended to go down the hallway but fell. It could be a matter of weeks before she's steady enough to roam the house freely! She's so cute.

Dylan is a great big sister, but she's formed a bad habit. She thinks she can get away with doing whatever she wants to Savannah (pushing, taking toys away, etc) as long as she instantly gives her a kiss. On the other hand she is Savannah's biggest cheerleader. It's really cute (the cheerleading - not the abuse)!

Here's Savannah's hand last night. You can see the poke & a little bruising from the I.V. attempt.
Dylan begs to play with her umbrella. It was barely sprinkling today & she thought it was so cool to be outside.
Miss Savannah didn't get to play outside, but she sure was interested in what was going on out there!
Miss Savannah
Miss Dylan - you can't tell, but she put 4 hair clips in herself.

No comments: