Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Been a While

Well, I haven't posted in a while, but a lot has happened.  Last week was a whirlwind as my family tried to deal with the very sad passing of my wonderful cousin.  The girls & I were in Amarillo for a week due to that.  Justin went ahead & came home last Monday night, but I wasn't ready to leave yet.  We drove home this past Friday along with my parents, Paul & Michelle.  They were making there way here for Savannah's baby dedication which was Saturday.  Katie & Lauren also came to town on Friday & Dylan was very excited to stay with them at the hotel.  Justin's parents flew in Saturday morning to attend the dedication.  It was a very quick weekend, but we are so happy everyone was able to come.  It means a lot to us for our family to be there with us...so thank you!  After the dedication we all pigged out at Babe's!  

My family is now on vacation in San Diego & I have some very important news!  Paul & Michelle are officially engaged!  We are all so excited.  Of course we all knew exactly when it was happening, but I still thought he'd at least text afterwards.  When I hadn't heard from him I sent a text saying, "Sooo?"  His response was "Haha - she said yes!"

During the past week or so Savannah also got 2 more teeth.  She now has 4 on top & 2 on bottom.  She's suddenly decided that she loves to eat including baby food so she's filling in!  She stands all the time now & just today I saw her lift one foot like she was taking a step & put it back down without falling.  She didn't actually travel anywhere, but it's a start.  Then tonight Justin saw her do it again - this time actually moving it forward just a little bit.  She's getting pretty good at walking next to you while holding onto your hand.  It won't be long before she's walking!!  By the way, Savannah is 10 months old today!

Dylan is just a mess.  She's so big these days.  She's still working on potty training & learning to be not so messy when she eats.  She's started drinking out of a regular cup sometimes instead of a sippy cup.  Her imagination is continuing to grow day by day & it is so amusing to see!

Tonight little Miss Savannah showed us even more of her personality as she was purposely trying to run over Mak in her walker.  Then when Dylan was riding her scooter she chased her.  It was so cute to see them going back & forth several times.

After Babe's there was a surprise Birthday party for Katie & me.  Thanks everyone!
At the Baby Dedication you were supposed to let the Pastor hold the Baby.  Well, Savannah didn't like that idea & fussed until I took her back.  Then she was all smiles & waves.

Friday before driving back here, my cousin Aaron & his wife stopped by with their baby Hannah.  It was our first time to meet her & she was a doll!





No comments: